Susa Morgan Black was born into a family of writers, including her Grandmother, Minnie May Morgan (Potter), a nineteenth century poet; her father, Phillip Potter, a reporter for the Baltimore Sun; and her brother John Potter, a poet-philosopher.
Bardic storytelling is an art that has been passed down in the Welsh Morgan family for generations.
Susa has published poetry, letters to the editors, and articles, in a wide variety of venues, including:
- The Sierra Club Yodeler (S.F. Bay Area Chapter)
- The San Francisco Examiner
- Circle Network News (Wisconsin)
- The Green Egg (Ukiah, California)
- By Land, By Sea (Moultrie, Georgia)
- The Lymphad (Marin County, California)
- Touchstone (Great Britain)
- The Folk Harp Journal (Santa Barbara,California)
- HarpBeat by the Bay (San Francisco Bay Area)
- The Healing Craft (Great Britain)
And is currently on the websites of:
- The Order of Bards,Ovates and Druids (Great Britain)
- The Traditional Medicine Ways (Australia)
- Clan Donald USA, CPR
- Clan McLeod Society website (USA)
She has also written several novels and a screenplay. Susa has a BA in Integrated Health Studies from New College of California, is an FSA Scot (Society of Antiquaries of Scotland), has studied history and folklore all her life, and plays Celtic Harp and is studing Scots Gaelic.